Monday, March 17, 2014

Fwd: Letter #50 - 3/17/14



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Montgomery <elizabeth.montgomery@myldsmail.net>
Date: 2014-03-17 5:19 GMT-06:00
Subject: Letter #50 - 3/17/14
To: Christine Montgomery <chrismont9@gmail.com>


Dear family and friends,

I literally have like two minutes to write, since we randomly got called to go do apartment registration stuff, so...

This past week we had a Mission Leadership Council and then a great mission conference that left me stoked to be a more consecrated and effective missionary. As for saying my goodbyes to my area, I'm just gonna save some time and copy what I just wrote President. Google Translate will not do the least bit justice to the poem I wrote, but you can use it anyway to get the gist of it.

-----
And finally... yesterday I bid farewell to my beloved Voskresensky ward. I've been thinking a lot about accountability, both to the Lord and to you, and I want you (and Him) to know that I gave this area everything I have. I know more now, so I can do even more in Vinnogradar, but with what I had and who I was in Voskresensky, I gave it my all. Heavenly Father has been very generous with His Spirit the last few days in rewarding me the peace that comes from diligence, and I've been in a constant state of gratitute for the opportunity to labor in this part of His vineyard. And as a final goodbye to Voskresensky, I wrote a poem for them and read it in sacrament meeting yesterday (with a few tears, and not just from me...) You can read it below if you'd like.

Oh, and by the way... thanks for keeping me in Voskresenksy for so long. :)

Друзья, Друзья
От Сестры Монтгомери, для Воскресенского Прихода
16.03.2014

Друзья, друзья, вы помните, когда
Десять месяцев назад приехала сюда?
Русского не знала я, кроме "Я не поняла,"
Но с вашей помощью и Бога, научилась я.

Друзья, друзья, я думаю о том, когда
Не были мы знакомы, только новые лица.
Ну вот где находимся, через что прошли.
Потихоньку вы становились как мои

Друзья, друзья, вы даже моя семья.
Словами передать мою любовь к вам нельзя.
Мне вы дали уважение, надежду и свидетелство,
И наоборот, с радостью я вам дала себя.

Друзья, друзья, мне уйти от вас пора.
Бог может дать и может взять и выбрал взять меня
Не далеко, но всё ещё, я следовать должна,
Но я хочу, до этого, оставить вам слова.

Друзья, друзья, настанет день, когда
Предстанем перед Богом и ответим за себя,
И если мы послушны здесь, награда будет там:
Голос Искупителя, говорящий нам,

"Друзья, друзья, очиститесь -- вот кровь моя.
Ваша вера вас спасла, покаялись вы от греха,
Крестились вы и получили Утешителя,
Заветы соблюдали, да, до самого конца."

Друзья, друзья, я буду здесь верна.
За железные перила держаться буду я,
И когда пробьёт мой час и отправлюсь я туда,
Желаю только этого, чтоб вы встретили меня!

Друзья, друзья, я буду помнить вас всегда
И благодарна Богу за пример ваш для меня.
Прощаюсь с вами я, пока не свидимся.
Спасибо вам, о дорогие, верные друзья!
-----

Alright, gotta go! Thank you all for your support and prayers and examples. I'm excited for what the Lord and Vinnogradar have in store for me!

Love,
Sister Montgomery