Monday, November 11, 2013

Fwd: Letter #32 - 11/11/13



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Montgomery <elizabeth.montgomery@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Subject: Letter #32 - 11/11/13
To: Christine Montgomery <chrismont9@gmail.com>


Hey everyone! How's it going? Hey, if you haven't written me for awhile, shoot me an email sometime -- I may be 6000 miles away, but I'd still like to know what's going on in your lives. :)

Well, part of this whole Sister Training Leader thing is that I write President every week about how exchanges went, what I saw, what suggestions I have, etc., and that can be a little time-consuming, so if you've noticed my letters getting shorter and shorter, that's probably why. I'll try to write a little less there and a little more here, but sometimes it doesn't always work out such.

So I'd be lying if I said this was a good week. :/ It was actually pretty dreary, and literally the hardest week on my mission. Basically rejection was just at an all time high / all time rude, and it really took a toll on me. It's been nearly fruitless working with members, people we talk to outside won't stop long enough for us to get a word of testimony in, and our investigators have been dropping like flies (including those I really care about it). It's been rough; not quite Alma 26:27-30 rough, but close. I even got sick on Saturday and stayed home all day. Bleh. But hey, things are looking up, and I learned a lot from all of it. This area needed to be "renewed" anyway... one batch drops to make room for another, that's just kind of how it works. I could use some extra prayers, though, so keep sending them this way.

Transfers are Thursday -- I'll be getting my new trainee. This transfer is only 4 weeks long and the next one is 8 weeks, so we'll wait and see where I'll be in a month (anyone want to put their money on Voskresensky?)

Well, per usual, I shall leave you with a spiritual thought, this one in the form of a poem I finished this last week. Consider it a peak into my woes (and other woes I've heard here) and the revelation that got me out of them. It applies to, well... every laborer in Zion.
 
To the Laborer in Zion
To the weary leader of a wild or struggling fold
Who listens with an open heart while his own problems go untold
And who at times thinks silently, "What good am I doing here?"
And while thinking at the task at hand, becomes filled with doubt and fear

Remember Him whose church this is, the Leader of us all,
Who knows your imperfections well, yet still issued your call
So while you're preaching what you practice, practice what you preach
You may be a shephard, but to Him you're still the sheep

To the mourning mother of a weak and wayward child
Whose love abounds unceasingly, tender, meek, and mild
And who at times thinks silently, "What could I have done more?"
And starts to count her follies till it stings her to the core

Remember Him whose love abounds far greater than your own
Who knows your flaws but still forgives and brings you safely home
So while offering the Bread of Life, drink the Living Water
You may be a mother, but to Him you're still His daughter

To the doubting missionary in a tough and fruitless place
Who's given heart, might, mind and strength to preach of peace and grace
And who at times thinks silently, "Surely I'm the one to blame"
Focusing on only failure, giving way to shame

Remember Him who gave His son, not just for them but you
Whose mercy is for all you teach and for their teacher too
So while kindling the Refiner's fire, stand to take the heat
You may be a sifter, but to Him you're still the wheat

So to every striving laborer in the fields and homes of Zion
Who's realized that you're mortal, much more lamb than you are lion
I plead with you, think silently, "I'm weak but He is strong
And if I seek to do His will, He'll lead me safely along."

And if while pondering, you can say, "I tried to do my best
And where I fell, I got back up," in Christ you'll find your rest.
You are His hands, you're in His hands, though earth and hell may shake,
You are His hands, you're in His hands, He'll not fail thee nor forsake.

Love you!
Sister Montgomery