Monday, November 4, 2013

Fwd: Letter #31 - 11/4/13


Enjoy!  I just love her letters!  Have a great week!

Christine
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Montgomery <elizabeth.montgomery@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Subject: Letter #31 - 11/4/13
To: Christine Montgomery <chrismont9@gmail.com>


Heya fam. There are cinnamon rolls awaiting me at home (my new companion bakes!), so I'm gonna cheat and copy you what I just wrote President to save time. Here's my week in a nutshell:

-----
Well, things are moving right along in Voskresensky. Sister Gillespie is AWESOME. We get along great, are super focused on the work, have been getting revelation right and left about what to do, are talking with a ton of people (not quite "everyone," but we're getting close!), and it's just been an awesome half-week with her. She's such a great missionary, and we're having a lot of fun (don't worry, it's purpose-focused fun) :) together -- it's too bad I only get to work with her another week and a half!

Not only has our companionship been doing great, but our area is really looking up. A lot of people we've talked to have been receptive to our conversations (or in the very least, kind), and we even had a new investigator. She was a walk-in to the church awhile ago while we were studying, she came to English a couple times, and then the other day she called us and invited us over to her house, and then she agreed to hear the lessons. It was a literal answer to one of my prayers. I prayed the other day, "Dear Heavenly Father, I'm trying really hard to take care of your children here in this ward, help them stay strong in the gospel, and help them share it with others. Because of that, will you please bless us with someone new to teach?" And wallah! After two member lessons in the morning (taking care of God's children), Sveta calls and sets an appointment with us! She's got a husband and 6-year-old daughter, and her and her husband really liked the Family Proclamation. Great potential there! :)

We've got a lot of great finding ideas for this week, and we're planning our ward missionary conference coming up next Sunday. Things are super great around here -- it's definitely been an "up" week.
-----

Yay for good weeks! Looking forward to another one. Oh yeah, and I went up to Chernigov for a couple days this past week on exchanges -- what an awesome place! The people are super different there than in my area; it's a smaller town, more cozy, a lot more greenery, slower-paced... I would NOT complain if I get to serve there sometime on my mission (if I ever leave Voskresensky, that is). We had four first contacts (taught a gospel principle and prayed with people on the street) in one day! It was awesome. I had a lot of fun there, and the sister I was on exchanges with, Sister Thomas, happens to be the niece of Jeff (I think?) Thomas, former stake presidency member in Fort Collins. Small Mormon world, I love it.

Hmm... I can't think of anything else to write. Let me know if any of y'all have questions for me. If you want a spiritual thought, just go feast on the Bible videos... every P-Day I look forward to watching new ones. These are the ones I saw today: http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-declares-the-parable-of-the-lost-sheep?lang=eng and http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/suffer-the-little-children-to-come-unto-me?lang=eng . I cry every time!

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Montgomery