Monday, September 15, 2014

Fwd: Letter #76 - 9/15/14


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Montgomery <elizabeth.montgomery@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:54 AM
Subject: Letter #76 - 9/15/14
To: Christine Montgomery <chrismont9@gmail.com>


Dear family and friends,

In exactly one month from now, I will be on U.S. soil and released as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Wow. I haven't been able to figure out my feeling about ending my mission soon, but I'll let you know as the last few weeks go on...

I came across a neat verse in the Bible the other day. It's Hebrews 13:5-6: "Be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." I feel like that's what last week and the beginning of this week did to me. I felt the Lord very close to me, and I can say without a doubt that He is my helper, especially in hard times.

But despite how wonderfully grateful I am for that recent trial, let's just say I didn't complain when it passed. :) I had a great exchange with Sister Zaretskaia on Tuesday in Center Odessa (my last exchange on my mission!), and after that, our area seemed to open up and start flourishing. We've given out so many Books of Mormon that I've started to carry an extra one in my bag so we wouldn't have to go home to get another one.

Also, Sister Cromwell and I both felt like we should go to a certain part of our area where missionaries have rarely been, and when we went, we tracted right into a very kind family, immediately shared the plan of salvation with a 17-year-old girl named Malina who has lost a lot of loved ones in her life, and later went back and met her grandma Svetlana and shared the message of the restoration with her. They have never heard of our church before and were immediately interested, and I feel like that family has a ton of potential. All week I've been thinking of the phrase, "The field is white already to harvest" (D&C 4:4), and the other day the Spirit changed it a bit as I asked myself, "The field is white... am I ready to harvest?" All I need to do is follow the Spirit and open my mouth, and the Lord will gather His people.

Alright, looks like I'm out of time. I hope you have a wonderful week full of the Spirit of God. Because when He's with us, no matter what's going on in our lives or the world around us, everything seems to turn out alright. Remember, he Lord is your helper, and He will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. :)

With love,
Sister Montgomery