Monday, July 28, 2014

Fwd: Letter #69 - 7/28/14



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Montgomery <elizabeth.montgomery@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Subject: Letter #69 - 7/28/14
To: Christine Montgomery <chrismont9@gmail.com>


Dear family and friends,

Greetings from Odessa! No pictures this week, but after we're done emailing, Sister Cromwell and I are heading to Center Odessa, which everyone says is just awesome. I'll send some pics next week.

Well, I spent the first half of the week in my beloved Vinogradar. Wednesday night we had a little going-away party at the church, and a lot of people came to say good-bye to me. It was really hard for me to leave, but then again, I just count my blessings that I was able to get to know so many amazing people during my time there. What a special ward and area there.

Thursday I packed my bags and headed to Odessa on a train (which we almost missed because we didn't know who was supposed to call the taxi to the train station... most stressful hour of my life). It just so happened that the only tickets available were first-class VIP, so it was a pretty pleasant ride down. :) We left at 4:20 p.m. then got to Odessa at 5:22 a.m. (it was a night train, which meant that we slept like normal on little cot things), then the Elders and our companions picked us up there and we took a taxi to our apartment. And since then I've just been living it up in Suvorovsky! As I just wrote President...

Well I made it to Odessa safely, and all is well. Literally... everything is awesome. Sister Cromwell and I are great together, the branch is really nice and has a great relationship with the missionaries, our district is united and fun and hardworking, the area is beautiful, people are kind and receptive for the most part, we have investigators that are headed toward baptism, and I'm spiritually in tune and thriving. What more could I ask for? I know that every area has it's "honeymoon stage," so maybe I'm just soaking that in right now, but whatever... I'm happy. :)

The branch is really small here. I went from 120 active members (Voskresensky) to 60 active members (Vinogradar) to 30 active members but only about 20 there yesterday (Suvorovsky). Maybe my last transfer they'll send me to a branch with only 15 active members. :P But it really is a great ward (err... branch, I'm gonna have to get used to that), and I'm enjoying getting to know people. We've got a lot of investigators, including a 16-year-old girl Dasha who wants to get baptized at the end of August. There's a LOT of potential in this area, and I'm just happy to be here. I seriously can't complain about anything right now. :) Oh wait, I can complain about something. It is SO HOT! Being right by the sea makes is ridiculously humid here. I don't think I've ever drank so much water in my life, and I'm pretty sure I just sweat it out all day long. But hey... small price to pay for a beautiful, awesome area.

Alright, time is almost up. This is a bit of a cheap spiritual thought, but you can check out the new Bible video if you have time. I don't know if you know this, but Paul is my favorite character in the New Testament (except for Jesus Christ of course... and I'm also a huge fan of John). Anyway, enjoy! People can change!

Love you!
Sister Montgomery