Monday, April 21, 2014

Fwd: Letter #55 - 4/21/14



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Montgomery <elizabeth.montgomery@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Subject: Letter #55 - 4/21/14
To: Christine Montgomery <chrismont9@gmail.com>


WHAT UP HOME DAWGS (:

I found out today that's how Sister Parish starts her letters home. Now, let's try this the Sister Montgomery way...

My dearest kinsfolk and acquaintances,

Oh man, I'm in such a goofy mood right now. And I've got like 20 minutes left on my internet time and like 2.7 thoughts about what to write home today...

First thought: that's awesome President Klebingat is going to visit Emily's mission! I don't know what it is about us Montgomery's and our countless "small world" moments, but I love that so much in our lives overlaps with others'. :) That's gonna be an awesome conference -- I look forward to hearing Emily's review!

Second thought: Umm... Easter was yesterday. It's a huge holiday here, and I think my favorite part is how people say "Happy Easter" to each other. It's like it was in Romania, where you say "Jesus is risen" and then the other person responds, "Indeed, He is risen." I'm not exactly sure how people celebrate Easter here, because it was just a normal proselyting day for us, but yeah, it was a good day. Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet, go watch this amazing new Easter video, "Because of Him": http://easter.mormon.org/.

7/10 of a thought: I heard a neat quote yesterday about faith: "We believe in that which we don't see, but one day we will undoubtedly see that which we believe in."

And... 10 minutes, 10 minutes... we had a mission conference last Tuesday that was super cool. President Klebingat told us all about getting called and sustained as a Seventy, including really cool stories and some pictures about the cool meetings he went to and getting set apart by President Uchtdorf. At the end he bore his testimony "as a special witness of Jesus Christ," and it was so powerful. He talked about the history and doctrine of Seventy's (like what they do, why there's such a calling), and we learned that they're given the sealing power when they're ordained. You know what that means, right? He can totally seal me and my future husband! I know, I know, I gotta find one first, but still... that's pretty cool. :) He also told us that the Donetsk missionaries are here to stay. We thought it'd just be a few weeks, but President said he thinks they'll be here till the end of his mission (July). Also, we're going to get a different new mission president in July. It was supposed to be President McGhie, but because of some kind of circumstances, it's going to be Kenneth Boyd Packer, President Packer's grandson.

Shoot, got like 1 minute left... it's so stressful when the time is running out. Sorry there's not too much to write about my actually week. We're trying to find like crazy and still not having the greatest success. But hey, who knows what this week will hold? I have hope... :)

K, gotta go! Love you all!

-Sister Montgomery