Monday, September 30, 2013

Fwd: Letter #26 - 9/30/13



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Montgomery <elizabeth.montgomery@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Subject: Letter #26 - 9/30/13
To: Christine Montgomery <chrismont9@gmail.com>


Dear Mom and company,

Vote! (That's the Russian work for "behold"). I've officially hit my 1/3 mark of the mission. Ahh! I'm just glad I still have a year left, though honestly, I have no idea where the last 6 months went. It's a strange phenomenon to be "set apart" -- I feel like I've only ever been a missionary, and any pre- or post-mission thoughts are just like a dream. But anyway, expect me home in about a year. That gives me just enough time to turn into an ice sculpture during the winter months and thaw out in the summer. In case you're wondering what the weather is here, we enjoyed a beautiful autumn the other day, after which we promptly continued into winter. No snow yet, but lots of rain and BRRR it's been cold! But hey, if I can survive a Romanian winter, I can survive a Ukrainian one too.

In other exciting news, transfer info is out! As I expected, I'm staying in Voskresesnky with Sister Cromwell. I don't know if I'm ever gonna leave here haha. I don't mind though, we've got a great ward and some really great investigators. Oh, and here's something new -- I'm Sister Training Leader! Yeah, that'll make for an exciting transfer. That basically means that I'll be doing exchanges every week, going to leadership council meetings every months, and making lots of phone calls to make sure everything is in order in our zone. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to serve the sisters here and improve our mission, and though I'm sure weekly exchanges will be super stressful, I can see them being SUPER fun too. :)

So, what happened this week? ... We have a new mission goal to reach 204 baptisms by the end of the year (currently we have 101), which means that each companionship brings at least two souls unto Christ through baptism by the end of the year. So this week we've been really spreading the word to church members and just trying to do more (and better) of whatever is necessary to reach our goal. We've been opening our mouths more, finding members to fellowship investigators, reaching out to less actives to bring them back into the fold, and so on. It's been a pretty productive week, I'd say.

One of our investigators, Hadya, came to church yesterday, and she's already read up to 1 Nephi 12 in the Book of Mormon, and she's going to a super fun ward activity on Saturday with super awesome ward members her age (she's 22). We've got high hopes for her -- we met her from English and she's just super sweet. We met with Vasile again (middle-aged guy that called me over on the bus about a month ago), and the best way I can describe him and our lesson is that he's like a wild horse -- the lesson was all over the place, he thinks and speaks at about 127 miles per hour, he's yearning for truth but has little patience, and... yeah. Oh man, we've got to learn how to control that man. BUT if he does get baptized (and he really could), then he'd be an awesome member. We also met with Larisa last weekend (the one we magically tracted into) and had a really great first lesson (with lots of commentary from her Muslim sister who was on the lesson too... super interesting family). Never a lame day here in Voskresensky!

Well, that about sums up my week. Hope y'all have a great week! Keep praying for me and the people here -- I know it makes a difference!

Love,
Sister Montgomery



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.